Parking at the Colloquium: University of Guelph Campus
The Colloquium is hosted on the University of Guelph campus where parking is limited. Please consider these options:
- Walk:From the Delta and Best Western Hotels, the colloquium is a 15-minute walk, from the Holiday Inn at Scottsdale and Stone Road it is a 30-minute walk, and from Downtown Guelph it is a 40-minute walk.
- Bus:A single-ride fare is $3. This is a great option for anyone staying Downtown; the routes are quick, easy, and frequent. More information is available at the Guelph transit website. Google Maps can also find the best route; enter your accommodation as your point of departure and “MacKinnon Building, Trent Lane” as your destination. Select the public transit route option, and let Google do the rest.
- Parking:Parking for visitors is limited and given the start of the semester it will be busy on campus. There are two main options:
- Visitor Kiosks, the best deal on campus: $10 flat rate (if paid by credit or debit) for parking all day. Please note that parking fills up early, and you’ll want to be there at the start of the day to take advantage of this option.
- Metered Parking:There are lots of metered parking lots across campus, which can also be busy. If you opt for metered parking, we recommend setting up a “Pay By Phone” account which reduces the hourly rate by 50¢ and saves you from dealing with loose change.
More information is available on the visitor parking web page. If you’re coming just for a single session, you can also park in the neighbourhoods surrounding the campus. Street parking is limited to two hours.